Thursday 12 August 2021

Cross Country Training

 On Friday, week 2, term 3, we went to the cross country course for the first time this year. I was excited because this is something I'm good at. The real cross country is in week 6. The teacher told us where to go but I did not listen properly because I remembered last year's course.

The teacher said ''ready set go'' I took off like a firework. I was panting, sweat was everywhere. I looked to my left, the surf was pumping. I passed Koka Rozie, she said "you're a quarter of the way there". Max and I ran down the ditch, I tripped up and landed on my back but I kept running. I passed Koka Pip, she told me to keep running. I had 1 lap left. I went down the ditch again, this time I didn't fall over. I could see the finish line. I crossed it, then I collapsed on the ground. 

As I was walking back, I thought what I could do better next time. But there wasn't too much considering that it is a 2 km run and our first practice of the year. It was fun to run the course again, I can't wait to go next Friday.

4 comments:

  1. hello Momo, I was excited for the cross country as well because I am ok at it to. When you tripped over in the dip did it hurt? Do you think you will get a place in the real cross country? From Rori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Momo, I like how you added paragraphs and a title. This reminds me of about to faint when I finished running. I like how you said "I took off like a firework. I was panting, sweat everywhere" I liked that bit. From Reef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Momo, I like how you put in words like panting and sweating and how you say like a firework because it really makes the blog more interesting. I also like your punctuation and it tells me that you really reread it. Next time maybe reread a bit better though because the beginning of the last paragraph doesn't make sense.
    Otherwise I really like your blog post,
    Sincerely yours,
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Momo, I like how you added paragraphs and capitals. I reckon you could work on listing to the teachers. Reef.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about