Friday 1 October 2021

Hamanatua Stream Walk

On Wednesday (MLH) went for a long mudy walk up Hamanatua. First we had to walk on the road for a long time. Then we went over the fence and started to walk. Straight away we had our first challenge we had to go over a stream. 

I just went through because I had gum boots but some people had shoes. Tre slipped in ,Someone dropped their bag in the water and lots of people had soaking shoes. There was lots of cow doo doo and my legs were going to give up on me. There were so many Mud pachis on the way and they were satisfying to stand on. As we got closer the Hamanatua got smaller. At halfway we ate brain brake. Then we walked for a long time until we saw a bunch of cows with there calfs. We had to stay quiet because one of the the calf were sleeping. But obviously everyone stayed super loud. After a long walk we finally got to were the Hamanatua stream starts I was so relieved that I could finally sit down and eat my lunch. Then we walked back and did everything in reverse. Until we got back to where we started. We had to cross the stream again I just went though because I had gum boots but Neko fell in and his waist down was soaking.

When we got back the teacher said that we walked 8.5 Km and that's a lot of damage. I couldn't wait to go back to class and sit down. The end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about